WELCOMING OUR PATIENTS BACK
We are delighted to inform you that following the government announcement, we will begin the phased commencement of dental services on Monday 22nd June 2020.
To maintain social distancing, we will prioritise patients who have received telephone advice during the lockdown period and the patients that were triaged will be contacted by reception to arrange a follow up assessment in due course. If you require an emergency appointment, please call the reception team on 01892 528048 and your call will be triaged to a dentist on duty.
Please do not attend the clinic unless you have an appointment
Initially, the practice will operate a little differently, but the new measures have been implemented with your health and well-being in mind.
- We will email you your forms for completion prior to your appointment to reduce patient volume at reception.
- Our reception team will carry out a pre visit questionnaire to ensure you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
- To reduce your time spent at the practice, payment will be requested via telephone prior to your appointment.
- To limit the amount of people within the practice, please do not turn up too early or too late.
- Only arrive at the practice if you have an appointment.
- Wait in your car until a member of the team collects you for your appointment.
- Please attend appointments on your own wherever possible.
- Bring as little belongings as possible, this limits the risk of any contamination.
Changes within the practice
- Appointments will be spaced out to ensure all patients and staff are able to maintain social distancing.
- You will be asked to use the antibacterial gel provided as soon as you enter the practice.
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival using a non-contact thermometer. If it deems too high, your appointment will be rescheduled for a later date.
- We would appreciate if you could bring your own mask and gloves. Our staff will also be wearing appropriate PPE.
- Plastic screens have been installed at our reception desk. Please ensure you maintain a 2m distance from the reception desk and please do not touch the screens.
- We are performing more frequent, deeper cleans especially in our surgeries which are scheduled throughout the day.
- Patient bathrooms are no longer operational, this is to reduce the risk of contamination.
After your appointment
- Our reception team will contact you to arrange any follow up appointments required.
- If within 14 days of your appointment you begin to develop any symptoms of possible COVID-19, such as high fever or a new continuous cough please ensure you follow the appropriate self-isolation advice and inform reception.
This is a new situation and way of working that we have never had to consider previously. As we resume care, there may be ongoing changes that need to be implemented to improve our service. I will be keeping a close eye on how well our new systems are working and sharing updates with you as they arise. Please be assured that we will all do our best to make your new experience with us as smooth and stress free as possible.
We would like to thank you all for your patience and we look forward to welcoming you all back at the practice very soon.
For the most up to date government guidance click this links: